Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

It's true!  Especially after you've taken the Craftsy Diamond Quilt Designs class to learn all the practiced techniques.  These were easy peasy.  The most difficult part was deciding which fabric to use!  Ok, not really - I'm working on this for a friend, for her birthday, and I wanted a design that was traditional for her ethnic background.  Come to find out, that design was a star!  Shut the front door, I LOVE stars!  It was fun-tastic and convenient.  I probably shouldn't post these pictures, it might ruin the surprise, but I can't resist (resistance is futile...)  

I made this with a fat-eighth of Indian Summer fabric from Westwood Acres.  Check out their shop, they have an awesome selection and are super to work with.



See the triangle taped to my sewing machine?  Yep, tricksy insider idea from the Craftsy course.


No comments:

Post a Comment