Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

BFF Birthday Gift GIFTED

The Indian Summer Lone Star wall quilt is DONE.  Finally.  I made this with a fat eighth of Indian Summer from Westwood Acres (LOVE that shop!).  I knew when I saw it that I had to make my BFF Ms. ChiefEagle something for her upcoming birthday.  I knew I wanted to make something that related to her Native American heritage but was modern and fresh.  I used the tutorial by Janice at Better Off Thread as inspiration, using the diamond method taught by the Craftsy course Diamond Quilt Designs.  More about the beginning of this quilt here.

I was planning on making a pillow for her couch.  Yeah, right up until the finished "top" was over 24"x24".  There was a momentary pause at that point where I had to decided WTF I was going to do with it now.  Wall quilt came to mind and I went with it.  Frankly, I love how it turned out.  Quilting was done on my new Juki TL-2010q (more on that later :) ).  I think it turned out well too (much better than the results I'd gotten on my Viking QDII) but YOU be the judge ...


Front
Back complete with Quilt Sleeve (oooooooooh-aaaaaaaah)
Close up of the Quilt Sleeve & some of the quiliting


No comments:

Post a Comment